Cathedral, St Andrews
Cathedral, St Andrews - Ref: WC4275
Religion has been practised in this part of Fife since the 6th/7th century. Three legends tell the tale of how St Andrew's bones are purported to have arrived in Fife.
It was in 1107 that something like harmony began to grow between the Catholic Bishops and The Culdees (maybe monks of St Columbus) and the cathedral began to take shape.
Alexander Wilson, who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.