Church, St Vigeans
Church, St Vigeans - Ref: WC3137
St Vigean's Church. Dedicated to St Vigean, Irish St who died 664. The Church was rebuilt in the twelth century but not dedicated until 1242. There were some 15th century alterations.
St Vigean's church was restored in the 19th century with lovely stained-glass windows. Long before it was built the hillock upon which it was built was used as a place of Christian burial.
Alexander Wilson, who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.