Church, St Monans
Church, St Monance - Ref: WC3136
St Monance Church occupying a striking position close to the sea this magnificent church was built by Sir William Dishington in 1370 by David II. The church was ruinous in 1772 but received 'partial reparation'.
The church had major restoration by William Burn in 1826-8. The original level was reinstated during restoration in 1955 by Ian G Lindsay.
Alexander Wilson, who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.