Panmure House - Ref: WC3045
Panmure House North of Carnoustie. Built for the Earls of Panmure complted in 1686 by George the third earl.
Earl William who acquired the estates of Panmure from the York Building Co. made many aterations upon the house and grounds. The house was a large and plain building of three floors over a sunk floor.
Alexander Wilson, who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.