Ward Road Methodist Church, Dundee

ref: wc1896

Ward Road Methodist Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1896


Building work began on the Ward Road Methodist Church in 1866. The Gothic style church was completed in 1867 and the first service was held in June of that year. The church could hold up to 700 people.

No longer a church, the frontage of the building has been painted but is still, however, recognisable as the same building in the photograph.


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.