Mains Church, Dundee

ref: wc1805

Mains Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1805


Mains Church, Old Glamis Road was closed as a church in 1994. The building was sold and has been converted into housing. The old cemetery is still situated at the rear of the church giving the new residents an interesting outlook.

Money from the sale of the church was used to upgrade the nearby church hall, a relatively recent structure, which is now used by the congregation of the former Mains Church.(2001)


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.