St David's Church, Ward Road, Dundee

ref: wc1803

St David's Church, Ward Road, Dundee - Ref: WC1803

St David's Free Church occupied the corner site on Lochee Road and Ward Road. It was built in 1843 and closed on 1st January, 1908. The premises were taken over by Thomas Shaw Ltd.

They converted the building into a motor garage. The building which can be seen on the left in the photograph is Tay Works, Lochee Road. Tram tracks are clearly visible running along the street.


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923