Ryehill Church, Dundee

ref: wc1802

Ryehill Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1802

This Norman style church, situated on the Perth Road, was opened on the 5th March,1880. Work had begun in 1887, when James Cox of Cardean laid the memorial stone in a ceremony on the 18th September.

In 1985 the church and its associated buildings were converted into nineteen flats. The grocer shop, seen on the corner of Perth Road and Mid Wynd, was run by A.W. Osler.


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923