Queen Street U.P. Church, Broughty Ferry, Dundee

ref: wc1797

Queen Street U.P. Church, Broughty Ferry, Dundee - Ref: WC1797

This Gothic style United Presbyterian church in Queen Street was opened in 1876. It was designed by architects James McLaren and G S Aitken and cost £3,700 to build.

Although it looks almost rural in this photograph the building is now in a central busy part of Broughty Ferry. It is no longer a church but is now an Indian restaurant known as the Gulistan. (2001)


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.