Elsa Auguste in Dundee Docks

in
ref: wc0814

"Elsa Auguste" in Dundee Docks - Ref: WC0814

The local newspapers printed regular shipping reports, so from the date, the vessel can be identified as the "Elsa Auguste".

She arrived under the command of a master called Muischel from St Petersburg with a load of oil cake, a form of feed for livestock made from the residue of pressing seeds.

She is here berthed in the south east corner of Dundee's King William IV Dock, with the rear corner of the Customs House just visible at the left. No date has been established for her sailing from Dundee.


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.