Panmure Street, Dundee
Panmure Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0518
The east end of Dundee's Panmure Street is seen here with junction at the east end of the Murraygate at the far end.
Caw's Restaurant is No. 25 Panmure Street. (The name is still familiar to Dundonians as a public house in 2000.) The offices above and in the block to the right included the Alliance Assurance Company and the Dundee Trade Report Association.
No. 27 was the National Assurance Company of Ireland, No. 29 the 'merchant, ship and insurance agent', James A. Anderson, and No. 31 the houseagents J. & E. Shepherd. George H. Rowbottom's clothiers was at the Murraygate junction, No. 35.
Alexander Wilson, who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.