Lindsay Street and Overgate, Dundee

ref: wc0339

Lindsay Street and Overgate, Dundee - Ref: WC0339

This photograph shows the intersection of Lindsay Street and Overgate.

The corner building is John Burnett & Sons, family bakers, at No. 119 Overgate. Next door was A. Lamb, stationer, and then John S. McGregor, the furniture dealer.

To the right of the prominent tower of the Lindsay Street Works is Dundee's Court House, in Bell Stret.


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.