Riverside Road (north side), Wormit - Ref: WC3200
Wormit, Riverside Road (north side). Wormit was a hamlet until the Tay Rail bridge opened in 1878, then it became, like Newport, a dormitory for Dundee. Wormit claims it was the first village in Scotland to have electricity.
The houses in the picture are a fine example of Victorian architecture. The builder of most of its early houses, Alexander Stewart, had a windmill on Wormit Hill which was supplemented by a steam generator.