Claverhouse Memorial Castle, Dundee - Ref: WC1140
According to the 1793 Statistical Account for Scotland a farmer dug up the foundation stones of the old castle or mansion house of the Grahams of Claverhouse. No trace of this building or when it was demolished are recorded.
The stones were built into an "artificial ruin" in 1834 by a Mr Webster of Balmuir in the form of a dovecot. It is conjectured the original house stood 180 yards north west of this building.