"Nile" in Dundee Harbour - Ref: WC0872
The four masted barque, the "Nile" was built by Russell and Co., of Port Glasgow, in 1886 for W Douglas, of Glasgow. She had a gross tonnage of 2163 and measured 283.5 feet in length.
The "Nile" visited Dundee on at least two occasions. On 31st March 1888, she brought a full load of raw jute from Calcutta for Fleming, Douglas and Co., W and W Watson, A and J Adie, Peter Matthew, James Malcolm and Son, and W Cleghorn's mills.