"Princess of Wales" in Dundee Harbour - Ref: WC0891
The "Princess of Wales" was built in 1866 by the Glasgow company, Aitken and Mansel of Whiteinch. Initially registered in Alloa, she is first listed as an iron paddle steamer, part of the Dundee fleet, in 1886.
Alexander Wilson, the manager of a Dundee jute calender (finishing plant) and only amateur photographer, took this picture at Dundee Harbour's Earl Grey Dock. The Royal Arch can bee seen behind No. 3 storage shed, as well as various sets of rigging.