Perth Road

Photographs depicting Perth Road

Cidmore, Perth Road, Dundee

£8.25

Cidmore, Perth Road Dundee - Garden & Summer House - Ref: WC4222

Cidmore opened as an Eventide Home on 21/10/1927. The opening ceremony was by Col. Catherine Booth of the Salvation Army. A Miss Reid (81) was the first to apply and receive admittance. The home was the latest addition to 72 institutions devoted to women's social work.

£8.25
Ref: 
wc4222

Ryehill Church, Dundee

£8.25

Ryehill Church, Dundee - Ref: WC4304


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923

£8.25
Ref: 
wc4304

Buildings, Dundee

£8.25

Buildings, Dundee - Ref: WC4176


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.

£8.25
Ref: 
wc4176

Open-top Tram, Dundee

£8.25

Open-top Tram, Dundee - Ref: WC3384


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.

£8.25
Ref: 
wc3384

Springfield, Dundee

£8.25

Springfield, east side, Dundee - Ref: WC3367


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.

£8.25
Ref: 
wc3367

Perth Road and Pennycook Lane, Dundee

£8.25

Perth Road and Pennycook Lane, Dundee - Ref: WC3361


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.

£8.25
Ref: 
wc3361

Perth Road and Ryehill Church, Dundee

£8.25

Perth Road and Ryehill Church, Dundee - Ref: WC3362


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.

£8.25
Ref: 
wc3362

Perth Road, Dundee

£8.25

Perth Road, Dundee - Ref: WC3363


Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.

£8.25
Ref: 
wc3363

Ryehill Church, Dundee

£8.25

strong>Ryehill Church, Dundee - Ref: WC2129

This Norman style church, designed by architect George Aitken, was opened on the 5th March 1880. In 1985, the church and its associated buildings were converted into 19 flats.

The row of shops in the photograph include, from right, Andrew Lawson, medical hall, William J. Rae, grocer, Mrs John Ramsay, confectioner, Jane Dewar, fruiterer, Charles Chalmers, butcher and A. W. Osler, grocer.

£8.25
Ref: 
wc2129

St John's Church, Perth Road, Dundee

£8.25

St John's Church, Perth Road, Dundee - Ref: WC2131

The imposing spire of St John's Church is clearly visible in the centre of this photograph.The church was designed by architect, James Hutton, in 1884. It is situated on a corner site on the Perth Road and Roseangle.

The flat-roofed building in Airlie Place, just visible through the trees to the right of the church, is now part of the campus of the University of Dundee.(2001).

£8.25
Ref: 
wc2131
Syndicate content