Weigh House, Dundee - Ref: WC5426
The photograph shows a Weigh house which was probably owned by J Cowan, Salt Merchant and also Downies Coffee House. This was owned by John Downie in 1891. In 1892 it had moved to Whitehall Crescent and was then run by Charles Downie
The Greenmarket appears to have provided everything for those whom money was scarce. There were butchers, cheese stand, ironmongers, and dried fruit stalls, There was an early photograph booth and probably clothes stalls as well.