Blyth Hall, Newport-On-Tay - Ref: WC3043
Blyth Hall, Newport-on-Tay. One of the finest 19th Century buildings in Newport, used as a public meeting place. The hall was gifted to the people of Newport by Mrs.Blyth-Martin of East Newport in memory of her three brothers, Henry, Thomas and Charles Blyth.
The hall was opened in 1877. In 1890 an extension was added at the rear to include municipal offices. The supervision of the hall was taken over by the town council in 1914.