Dupplin Castle - Ref: WC2486
Dupplin Castle, as seen in this photograph by Alexander Wilson, was the third mansion built on this site. The previous building was consumed by fire in 1827. Located to the south west of Perth, it was designed by William Burn (1789-1870) and was completed in 1832.
A splendid Tudor edifice, it cost around £30, 000 and commands an impressive view of nearly all of Strathearn. The castle, and the Hay family (as Viscount Dupplin and Earl of Kinnoull) paid host to Victoria and Albert on 6th September 1842.